CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 23, 2006

It's a Girl!!

January 23, 2006

Is it a girl or boy?


Jason and I were so excited for this day to come. We just couldn't wait to find out the sex of our baby. With the excitement came a lot of anxiety...I was really nervous to have the ultrasound because they would be taking a close look at the baby to see if he/she was developing correctly. We turned down the quad screen a few months earlier to test for Down Syndrome, so the ultrasound was our first health assessment and therefore pretty nerve racking. Our appointment was first thing in the morning so I just had make sure I was up in time to drink 6 glasses of water before we left. With a baby and full bladder, I really had to go pee be the time we got in for the ultrasound. The ultrasound technician hurried up and got the pictures that she needed of my cervix so that I could go pee. The baby was sitting indian-style on my cervix at first, so we weren't sure if we were going to be able to determine the sex. However, once I got up and went to the bathroom, the baby moved and turned lateral so that we could now get a good view of his/her genitals. "It looks like you're having a little girl," said the ultrasound technician. We couldn't believe it...a daughter! It seemed like most of our family thought we were having a boy, so we were shocked. We were so excited. The rest of the ultrasound went great. Everything seemed to be developing correctly and our little girl looked beautiful. She even waved to us a few times.

After the appointment we went to lunch and started calling our family and friends to share the news that we were going to be having a little girl. It was so much fun. That night we went to dinner at the Lonestar Steakhouse with Mike and Marnie. They had just found out they were having a girl too. We had a wonderful dinner talking about how thrilled we were to be having little girls.

So now that we knew we were having a daughter, we started calling her by her name. Jason started talking to her and really began forming a bond with her. Since I was carrying her and could feel her movements I felt really connected to her, but now Jason could share a connection with her as well. He could now feel when she kicked too, but also could call her "Daddy's Little Girl!"

0 comments: