Tonight when Maddy got home from daycare I noticed she seemed irritable. She hasn't been crabby like that in a long time. I quickly found the reason...two new teeth broke through on the bottom. Poor girl!
Well, this week Maddy met a few more milestones and had her first diaper rash. She figured out how to crawl up the stairs the other night. Actually, I think she just decided like trying it for the first time and had no problem doing it. She is just so tall it wasn't hard at all for her to get her knee up, actually it is much easier for her to bring her left knee up rather than her right. My dad always said he wanted to teach her to crawl up the stairs, but apparently she didn't need anyone to show her how to do it and she wasn't waiting until the next time Grandpa visited. We showed her how to slide down on her belly feet first, which she thought was great until she bumped her chin. Oops.
Jason has video he will have to upload HERE. Check back!
Another new thing she figured out was how to squat down to pick up her toys without holding onto anything and then standing back up. I was wondering how long it would take her to do this now that she is walking around the house all the time and trying to pick up dog toys. I would have never expected it to be so soon. Sometimes, I am just taken back by how physically strong she is.
One more quick thing to share since I am on a roll and so proud of our little Miss Maddy. Tonight while giving Maddy her bath I showed her how to make baskets in her Bathketball Net. She used to be scared of the basketballs and cry whenever we took them out but tonight she wasn't at all. She would pick one ball up at a time and dunk it in the hoop. It was adorable. We will have to get it on video to prove to everyone that she has a shot like her dad. :)
5 years ago
2 comments:
Love the pics, you two are doing a great job!!!
Just make sure Maddy knows exactly where the 3 point line is located. We wouldn't want her a foot inside....NO Mans Land! Sounds like she is sprouting quickly!
Post a Comment