
Almost two weeks ago already we welcomed a new member to our neighborhood, Hayden Nicole Schmidt. Our neighbors and close friends Mike and Marnie gave birth to their second daughter making Kendal a big sister. We have been waiting patiently for Hayden to arrive...we just couldn't wait to meet her and have her in our lives. It'll be so much fun to watch her grow up as we have with all the other neighbor kids. Its so weird how I always had this picture in my head of what she would look like. Basically I imagined another sweet, beautiful little Kendal with lots of long dark hair. To our surprise, Hayden looks nothing like Kendal did...she had a teeny, tiny bit of blonde hair and she is a little peanut weighing almost a pound and a half smaller than Kendal. She is absolutely adorable and we're in love with her already. Congrats Schmidts...you make such perfect lil' babies!
Since I work right next to the hospital I was able to run over there soon after Hayden was born and hold her. I was spoiled to be her first visitor. Sarah joined us with all the kids after work and we spent a few hours visiting with the Schmidts and their family until Jason was able to join us. After he got his Hayden fix we went to the Pizza House for some yummy Chicago style pizza with all of Hayden's visitors. It was a great meal with wonderful company, celebrating a special birthday.





0 comments:
Post a Comment