CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Doctor's Appointment Update

Jason, Maddy, and I all went to my doctor's appointment this morning in hopes of good news...and we got it. No cervical changes from last week, which was the news we were hoping for. Maddy talked to her sister through the doppler and was very excited about that. It was pretty cute. Baby seems pretty content right now and the medication is working like it should so as long as nothing changes we are going to take it week by week in hopes I can still make it to my due date. Dr. Bayram said he has seen women in the same situation as I am still make it past their due date and need to be induced. He doesn't think that will happen but it's possible. Sounds fine to me as long as this baby doesn't end up over 9 lbs like Maddy did. We have an ultrasound next week to estimate the baby's size so that should be interesting. I'm measuring very far behind (30 cm - 5 1/2 weeks behind), but that is not surprising I would guess since the baby is so low. Based on my prior experience with Maddy, this does not mean the baby is small. Dr. Bayram extended my prescription to last through next Saturday now too which should put my co-workers at ease seeing that I asked to go back to work on Monday. So the plan going forward is to stay on bed rest until I return to work on Monday. Continue with my medication through the week and don't over do it at work. It's going to be tough I think because even today being up for a little bit was extremely difficult. I felt very tired and was having a lot of contractions. So we'll see...only time will tell.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

GREAT NEWS! I am sure glad I can rely on this blog...don't anyone bother emailing Jason! I wrote to him earlier and asked for an update--his only response to me was "we're having triplets!" NICE!!!

Keep up the good work Jaclynn:)
Love Ya!
Nicole

Abby said...

I'm so glad she is still on the inside ;) Baby brother also measured small but when I had an internal they said he was hanging out- you never know. We'll just see what 'small' means. We are having baby brother today. Ahhh- the end.
Ps- did I say 'we' - I meant 'I' am having baby brother.

Mike said...

Good news! Keep cookin that baby a little longer. We want a ten pounder this time!