CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Mckynzee - 3 months and Baptism


The weekend of October 23 and 24th was a big one for our sweet Mckynzee. On Saturday the 23rd she turned 3 months old. Wow, how time flies...I could hardly believe that she was 3 months old already...which meant my maternity leave was coming to an end. I sure loved being home with the girls for those 3 months. It was sure a challenge and I felt like a zoo keeper most days, but I wouldn't have changed it for the world. The last month, especially, was enjoyable. I felt like we had a great routine just in time for life to change. Mckynzee was finally starting to have more good days than bad. She was such a fussy, gassy little girl in the beginning which made it especially difficult. She wanted to be held all the time which didn't make the older girls very happy. It was a juggling act at first, but that 3rd month it felt like we all blended and really started to work together and enjoy our days together. Mckynzee became such a happy, talkative baby most of the time. I loved waking up in the morning to her smiling from ear to ear and listening to her high pitched voice. Her response to seeing my face just melted my heart...oh if only time could stand still. During this month, I made a future prediction that Mckynzee would be our social butterfly. She is just so responsive to people...I swear she'll carry on a conversation with anyone already and she is only 3 months old. She can be screaming her head off and then stop to smile when she sees you and say a few words before returning to screeching. Oh and does she have a high pitched squeal. It's just so adorable...I can't get enough of it. It's quite ironic for me to think that she was by far our most difficult, crabby baby and yet our most smiley, happy baby! She is just such a joy to have in our family. I feel so blessed!


At 3 months of age, Kynzee is still sleeping through the night (9 pm - 7 am). She is thumb sucker (ugh!), which I believe though helps her self soothe during the night because we find her in the morning sucking away. She is quite the chubby monkey, wearing 6 - 12 month clothes and size 2 diapers. Her head is still covered in dark brown curls and her eyes are still blue like her sisters. She reminds me more of Maddy than of Mylee in terms of looks, except for the dark hair of course. Her hands are always in her mouth as if she is already teething. She starting to use them although hasn't really quite figured them out. We don't quite have a routine down yet for her, as we have been on the go a lot but she loves to take naps in her swing or the bouncy chair. She enjoys bath time unless she is starving and therefore screaming for dad to hurry up and get her to mom so she can eat. She is a great nurser, although can be fussy at times due to the "colic". We started with the bottles more regularly too and she seems to have no problems. Thank god as that was not a fun experience with Mylee. So as I said, October was a great month for all of us, but one of a lot of positive changes for Mckynzee. She finally started to show signs of growing out of her fussiness, although there were definitely still days when she was quite uncomfortable. Oh, if only I had 3 more months to be home with the girls!

Our family at FIRST church for Kynzee's baptism

Sunday the 24th was also a special day for Mckynzee.


She received the sacrament of baptism shared by friends and family. She was baptized at the First United Methodist Church in Brighton where we have been regular attendants now for about a year. Actually, I think one of the first Sundays we attended church there was when we found out we were pregnant with Kynz. She did pretty good while getting baptized and really just got fussy where Pastor Sherry introduced her to her church family.

The blessing of the water

Love this picture of Jason calming her down

Mylee and Maddy where actually more of a handful, eating goldfish as a distraction up on the altar...a bit embarrassing.

Here Maddy is actually lighting Kynzee's baptismal candle

Kynzee's godparents Tricia Dewar and Chad Drayton were both there for her with their families. Tricia and Chad are both childhood friends of myself and Jason, respectively. Their families were like second families to both of us and we still are close with them. We chose them because we feel like they are the perfect people to love Mckynzee and help her in her spiritual journey. We are honored that they accepted to be this special part of our lives, especially for Kynzee.

Kynzee with her Godmother Tricia trying to get some sleep


Kynzee with her Godfather Chad...finally sleeping

Kynzee with her parents and godparents

Proud Parents

Another family shot after the baptism

My parents (Grandma Simone and Papa Jack), Grandma Nancy, cousin Jordyn, and Dave and Sherri Drayton were also there to share such a special day with us. It was a beautiful morning followed by a wonderful fall afternoon with everyone.

Papa Jack and Grandma Simone

Cousin Jordyn

Grandma Nancy and Sister Maddy

The Dewar Family

The Drayton family

Tricia also took time out of her crazy life to shoot some 3 month photos of Mckynzee. She is an amazing photographer who we feel so lucky to have capture this time in Kynzee's life. We always feel bad having Tricia spend hours trying to take pictures of our kids, rather than visiting with us, while we are together but how could we pass up the opportunity to capitalize on her talent. We couldn't imagine any of else's perspective being a better fit for us. Thank you Tricia for being so amazing!

Check out Mckynzee's 3 month photos at http://triciadewarphoto.com/blog/mckynzee/.

A few funny stories for the photo shoot: First of all, we couldn't get Mckynzee to fit in Tricia's newborn basket. We tried to stuff her in there and then puck in all her chubby limbs but we just couldn't quite get her to fit. So I had to hide my hand under the blanket behind the basket and hold Kynzee's head up since it was sort of in an awkward position. I warned Tricia that she was BIG! Along those same lines, Tricia said she would bring some headbands for her. I said that I doubted she would fit in one. So Tricia had to bring toddler headbands for her. We did try to put on an adorable baby hat. I forced it on because I thought it would be super cute but Kynzee wouldn't stop crying to get any pictures in it. I think it was so tight that it was crushing her head and she just wasn't having it. Oh, did we have fun laughing!

0 comments: