Here are Maddy's 11 month pictures...



It is becoming more and more impossible to take pictures of her. She moves way to fast for us now and we are running out of creative ways to get her to sit still and smile.
This past month of Maddy's life is easily summed up in two words...
Head, Bruises
I can't wait for all the head trauma to be over with. She sure has a hard head because I think I would have even cried after a few of the blows she's taken.
Anyway, its been over a week since I've posted. I have to apologize for being so far behind but we've been busy working outside on our yard every chance we get. Last week was a pretty tough week on Maddy. Monday she was still running a temperature and not acting herself. We called the pediatrician and they wanted to see her, especially after knowing she feel down the stairs. (Sorry Jace, I wasn't going to mention it but everyone knows anyway.) She thankfully just had an ear infection and they were pretty confident the vomitting was from that rather than from the fall. I've never been so happy to hear she had an ear infection. They put her on amoxicillin again and it seemed to help and she was back to herself by Tuesday. Although she became extremely clumsy, hence the bruises on her forehead. We think her equilibrium must be off a bit from the ear infection. She took a real bad fall at daycare on Tuesday afternoon, which left a huge lump on her head. Wednesday night she got knocked over by the dogs in the driveway and hit the back of her head on the concrete and bit her tongue. She also hit her forehead on the chair earlier, which we didn't notice left a mark until bathtime. Poor kid. I've contemplated getting her a helmet although I don't think she would enjoy that too much.
With the week going the way is was, we decided to take Marnie up on the offer to watch Maddy for the weekend while we made a quick trip to Milwaukee for a friends wedding. She had been through enough this week and didn't deserve sitting in a car for 12 hours. (Thanks again Mike and Marnie!) We dropped her off early Saturday morning for a fun filled day with Kendal. Kendal, unfortunately, was really sick with a horrible fever. Maddy still had a blast with them. Greg and Sarah helped out to. They took Maddy for a walk with Ben. I think a romance has kindled.
Sunday afternoon I went to get Maddy and she didn't want to come home. She loves Marnie so much that she cried when Marnie gave her to me. What a stinker...I thought she would at least love me until she was a teenager. :) It was evident that she had a great time with them and apparently she was an angel, so we couldn't have been happy that it all worked out.
This week we have been enjoying the beautiful weather and working hard on the landscaping...nothing exciting. With Memorial Day weekend ahead, summer has officially started for us and we can't wait for all the fun trips that we have planned.

0 comments:
Post a Comment