CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Elizabeth's Graduation

For Memorial Day weekend, Maddy and I drove up north with my cousin Christopher to attend all the graduation festivities of my cousin Elizabeth. Jason was out of the state for work so he missed out on the trip. Right off the bat, we attended her graduation ceremony on Friday night. It was a long and extremely hot ceremony, so I took the kids out to the playground to help the time pass for them. I'm glad we were there for Elizabeth. We are all very proud of all of her accomplishments and the lovely women she has become. We wish her the best of luck in the future.

Elizabeth and Maddy

Izzy and Itsy

The Momont Family

Cousins

Saturday we started the day out early with a birthday party brunch for my nephew John V. He turned 3 at the beginning of the month so my sister thought since we were all together for the weekend it would be a good opportunity to celebrate his birthday. We had a great time!

The birthday boy with his train cake

Joined by some uncooperative cousins

New Spiderman Roller Skates

Maddy having fun with John's presents

After the party since we were all together, we just decided to hang out and enjoy my parents new house. It was my parents first weekend in the new house and man was it nice to be together without being on top of each other. The kids had the whole basement to themselves and the adults had the upstairs. It worked perfect. The weather was nice too, so the kids rode their bikes, played in the sandbox and on the swingset while the adults got some rodeo golf in. Sunday was Elizabeth's graduation party. We spent a few hours visiting and eating while the kids ran around causing havoc.

Oops, where's Jack

The whole gang

Maddy, Jaelyn, and Lexi
(Its so much easier to get a picture when there's only 3)

"Brookee, see my crazy mom standing on the chair trying to get us to smile for the camera."

We left just in time to get to my brother's house to protect ourselves from the hail storm and flash flooding. It was a crazy storm. I've never seen anything like it. It only lasted 10 minutes but it was enough to cover the yard in a sheet of ice. After the storm we went back to my parents house to hang out and play with the kids. We made milk shakes and ate popcorn. Yum! After the kids went to bed, we stayed up late playing smear. It was so much fun although I didn't get much sleep. The trip home on Monday was pretty miserable. I was so tired and Maddy and Chris slept the whole way to the bridge while I drove through dense fog with heavy traffic. I must say though that Maddy did awesome in the car. I had her in a pull-up just in case, but she didn't even need it. She stayed dry both there and back. I was so proud of her. She would just tell me when she had to go and I would pull over and let her go on her potty. She would go whenever we stopped for gas or to eat so we really only pulled over for her a few times each way. She did awesome! I also must say she didn't have a single accident the whole weekend. What a good girl!

0 comments: