

Last weekend, Maddy and I made a trip to Wisconsin to meet our new niece/cousin Ana. I wasn't really up for driving through Chicago with Maddy by myself so I decided to look into taking the car ferry across Lake Michigan. The had a nice mini-cruise deal for a round trip returning within 48 hours which is exactly what I needed so I decided to try it out. We drove 3 hours to Ludington and then took the boat across at 8 pm. The trip across the water was 4 hours and then we had another hour drive to Fond du Lac. Uncle John picked us up in Manitowoc off the boat so that was really nice so I didn't have to pay to bring the car.
Getting ready to ride the boat
On the deck before leaving the harbor
This is fun watching out the back of the boatMaddy and I had a great time visiting the Coons. Saturday was beautiful so the kids got to play outside most of the day. I got to hold and spend some time with Ana but not as much as I would have liked. Maddy was a bit over tired and not the best behaved so I had to tend to her more than I would have liked. None the less it was a great day spent with family. My mom and Auntie Marie came down too so it was really nice to see them. They actually drove us back to the boat on Sunday and Maddy thought it was great waving to them from the boat. Taking the boat really worked out great. Maddy was a trooper and did awesome on the boat, sleeping half the trip both ways. We had great weather too so it was smooth sailing. I would definitely do it again.
Maddy loving her new cousin
Look mom I'm holding her all by myself
What a crew!
Auntie Marie and Analise
Proud Auntie with her new niece
Maddy lovin' her cousin a bit too much here
Lexi on her scooter
They look innocent, but these two are trouble together...watch out!
Izzy and Maddy riding the A&W bear
Going for a train ride
Maddy driving the boat on the way home
Back in Michigan
Maddy loving her new cousin
Look mom I'm holding her all by myself
What a crew!
Auntie Marie and Analise
Proud Auntie with her new niece
Maddy lovin' her cousin a bit too much here
Lexi on her scooter
They look innocent, but these two are trouble together...watch out!
Izzy and Maddy riding the A&W bear
Going for a train ride
Maddy driving the boat on the way home
Back in Michigan
0 comments:
Post a Comment