5 years ago
Thursday, March 05, 2009
Sunny Side Up
We are still hanging in there and doing great. My vote is for another 2 weeks, but probably not much more than that as this baby seems to be on track to be as big as Maddy. We had an ultrasound at our appointment this week and they estimated our lil' girl at 6.5 pounds. Maddy was estimated right about that at 36 weeks as well so this little girl is looking to be just like her sister. Our little girl looked great and scored 8 out of 8 on whatever they tested her on...not really sure what that means, but sure sounds good. Another thing that we found out was that she is sunny side up. I had suspected that since I've been having so much lower back pain, especially when I have contractions. There is definitely still time and a chance that she will turn around, so lets all keep our fingers crossed and hope that she does. I would really prefer to not have back labor. Other than that the appointment went pretty good. I had my strep B test and another internal exam. The consensus...1 cm dilated, but no more effacement. So I'm not sure what that means besides changes are starting to take place since being off of bed rest. The doctor said I could definitely still walk around like this for weeks yet, but when labor does start not to spend too much time at home because things could go really fast. He reiterated how LOW she is and so once labor starts I'm going to already be ahead of the game. This really makes me a bit nervous, but we'll see what happens. I did go back to work on Monday and have felt pretty good besides being exhausted and physically tired. Its hard going back to carrying around an extra 20 pounds after laying on the couch for 2 weeks. In the end, I am so thankful for getting this far after such a scare.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Awe, best of luck to you guys! I am very excited for pictures & the name of your new little girl! She sure will be a cutie pie like her big sister, thats for sure!! :)
Miss you guys, it's been awhile!!
Take Care, hang in there, ALMOST done!! :)
Post a Comment