CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Neighborhood Gift Exchange

Wednesday night we had a holiday party at our house with a bunch of our neighbors. We had a great time enjoying each other's company, eating lots of cookies, drinking peppermint hot chocolate with giant vanilla marshmallows, opening presents, and then ending the night with peppermint ice cream cake. Yum, yum! I can feel the weight gain already.

The gift exchange was pretty boring for me this year as I drew the last number, therefore most of the gifts were already stolen and untouchable by the time it was my turn. I really wanted the Apples to Apples boardgame, but I ended up with Cranium instead. I already have that one so I am going to exchange it for Apples to Apples. Jason lucked out and ended up with what he wanted...beer and mugs. The clapper made its appearance again this year, although Mike and Marnie claim its the "Clapper Plus", but Marnie was nice enough to steal it from Sarah so the Abbotts didn't end up with it again this year. We made the rule that the Clapper is not allowed next year.

The kids did great playing and running around while the adults visited. The key to keeping the kids in line is to play The Wiggles Monkey Dance on your computer.


Lil' Ben was on a major sugar high, lasting longer than both Kendal and Maddy. He was actually pretty funny. We tried to get pictures of the kids, but it was not as easy as last year.

THIS YEAR
Take 1

Take 2

Take 3

LAST YEAR
Take 1 (oops...missing Brendon)

Take 2 (at least we got them all on the couch together last year)

So it was another successful gift exchange and party. Next year, there will be 2 more little girls to add to the bunch (both Shelly and Marnie are pregnant) so it should be interesting. We are so lucky to have such great friends in our neighborhood!

0 comments: