CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 28, 2007

The Flu Bug

Since my last post on Tuesday, this week has been pretty bad. Wednesday morning I woke up with the flu. I struggled through most of the day with Maddy until Jason came home early to help with Maddy so that I could try to get some rest. It was horrible. As I hugged the toilet bowl, I quickly flashed back to my days of morning sickness. Ugh. It was a reality check to remind myself that I am not ready to be pregnant again quite yet. I was trying to remember when the last time that I threw up was and then I remembered it was during Madelynn's delivery. Oh yes, I was vomitting while in labor...which reminds me that I still need to go back and write posts for the rest of my pregnancy on through until I'm caught up.

Anyway...Wednesday night Maddy got sick after her bath. Jason was feeding her her bottle when she started to dry heave. Then all of a sudden she just started projectile vomitting like I have never seen before. For at least 5 seconds straight, a constant gush of milk rushed out of her mouth and nose. It was heart breaking to watch. Jason gave her another bath because she was a mess and then she threw up a little again when he was getting her dressed. So we decided to take her temperature to make sure she wasn't running a fever. It was the first time we took her temp rectally...we felt like mean parents for doing it but wanted to make sure we got an accurate reading. Her temperature was normal so Jason just rocked with her and she fell asleep. She slept through the night fine and went to daycare Thursday and had a pretty good day. I was feeling better on Thursday too so I went to work. Apparently it was just a 24 hour flu bug.

Friday morning, Jason came down with some sort of intestinal virus so he spent the whole day in bed or on the toilet. Maddy still wasn't herself either. She just isn't eating well at all. She will still take her bottle no problem but is fighting us to eat anything else. So we've taken a step back in the eating department. Saturday Jason still wasn't feeling better. So I got up early with Mads. I was hoping to get lots done to pack for our upcoming trip but that didn't happen. Saturday night, Maddy and I went to ORL winter party in Ypsilanti. I was a bit weary about going into Ypsi and now I know why. I got my purse stolen at the restaurant, most likely when I went to change Maddy's diaper. Ugh. Luckily I had my keys and phone in my coat, but everything else to my name is gone. So I filed a police report and Jason and I had to cancel all our credit cards. I have to go get a new driver's license too. To make things worse we leave for Hawaii on Saturday morning so I need a new ID and credit cards by then.

Makinac's 5th birthday was yesterday. Our family had a much better day. Everyone was feeling better so we could celebrate. Grandma and grandpa Kreider came over to visit. We went out to dinner where Maddy tried her first lemon. She really seemed to like it. Nancy took a picture so I will have to get it from her and post it.

We are getting ready for our trip this week. I sure hope all our sickness and bad luck is behind us. :)

1 comments:

Mike said...

Geeeez, you guys sure don't leave out any details about poop, puke, whatever came out of you Kreider's...