CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 22, 2007

Poor Kendal

January 22, 2007

This week was pretty busy. Tuesday night Kendal came over to play with Maddy while Mike and Marnie went out for dinner to celebrate Mike's birthday. The girls had a ton of fun.


After dinner, the Schmidts and Abbotts came over for Coldstone birthday cake. We always find an excuse to eat ice cream cake. Maddy had a few tastes and loved it...not at all surprising.


Unfortunately Kendal broke her leg the next morning after taking a tumble down the stairs. We all feel really bad for her and the Schmidts, although she is being a champ and acting as if nothing has happened. Maddy hasn't gotten to sign Kendal's cast yet...its on the agenda for this week.

Wednesday night I went with Sarah to yoga so Maddy and Jason got to have some father/daughter time. She went to bed really early though...getting up early for daycare is hard on her. Friday after work we left for Milwaukee to visit Josh and Annie. We had a great weekend (especially after receiving Brooke and Brad's exciting news) although it was tough on Jason and I since we would stay up late at night and then have to get up early with Mads the next morning. Sometimes it is really hard balancing parenthood with our social life. I had my first drink in a year and a half on Saturday night and I ended up feeling like crap all morning. Ugh. (I know I'm a wimp.)

Maddy did really great all weekend, especially for being around a lot of unfamiliar faces. The past few months she would freak out every time a stranger would look at her or talk to her, but this weekend she showed signs that she is starting to get over that finally. A funny story from the weekend...Saturday night when we were out for dinner, she grabbed Jason's water and spilled it all over herself and Jason. It was pretty hilarious, because it looked like Jason peed his pants.

It seems as though we are over the hurdle with eating solids now too. Maddy is really starting to eat a lot at each sitting and is finally eating rice cereal. This week she mastered carrots and sweet peas, although the sweet peas where quite a struggle. We introduced pears for the first time last night and she ate the entire tub. I think she might like them more than bananas, if that is possible. She ate at her first fast food restaurant (McDonalds) during our trip home yesterday. She was a bit distracted though so it was a little frustrating.


Oh, one more exciting thing Maddy did this week...learned to give high fives! Its so cute. She is just growing and developing so fast. Last night she was walking back and forth along the ottoman on her own to get my chap stick too. Sorry, I'm just so proud of her.

0 comments: