Lil' Ben turned one on Friday... I just can't believe it! We went to his birthday party on Saturday and had a great time. The weather was awesome again and so we had a great time playing with all the kids outside. Maddy missed her nap so she was a bit touchy. She only managed to embarrass us a few times by throwing a couple temper tantrums because another little boy had the car she wanted to lay with. She can sure be a little stinker some times.
Maddy, Kendal, and Ben
Maddy pushing Kendal in Ben's new wagon
Forget this I'm getting in the wagon and someone can push us!After the party, we drove to Big Rapids, Michigan to meet up with the Spindlers. Brooke, Brad, and Rylee were there watching the Northern vs. Ferris State football game so we thought we would go visit with them and stay over at the hotel. It was a really quick trip, but still a lot of fun hanging out with them and Brooke's mom and sister. Maddy was just loving baby Rylee again. Jason tried taking Maddy swimming but she wanted nothing to do with the pool. She feel in the Schmidt's pond on Friday night head first (I was right there to fish her out), so I think she was a bit scared.
Sunday we left after breakfast, as Jason was sick, and everyone else had a long trip ahead of them. We got home in time for the football games. Actually, we ran into the Abbotts on a walk coming into the subdivision so they joined us for some football and apple crisp. We had a blast with them, especially Ben; it seems as though he is starting to come out of his shell a little.
The weather was still beautiful after the games, so Jason and Maddy washed the car while I mowed the lawn. Maddy was a big helper!


Oh, and just for the record...the Packers are 4-0. I wore my Favre jersey with pride yesterday.






0 comments:
Post a Comment