CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 12, 2007

Pretty Depressing Two Weeks

I must apologize for the long delay between posts, but it has been a pretty crazy two weeks. I unfortunately haven't taken many pictures since then either so this post won't be very excited. First of all last week Monday, Maddy had her 15 month wellness visit. She got 4 shots and one blood draw to test her iron levels, so it was a pretty painful visit for but she was a trooper. Everything checked out out great. Her stats are as follows:

Weight: 25 lb 2 oz (80th %ile)
Height: 34 in (off the charts...ave. height of a 24 month old)
Head Circumference: 18.5 in (80th %ile)

She is obviously still really healthy...thank the good Lord! Her speech seems to be a bit behind, at this point, but nothing her doctor is worried about. She has really started trying lately, so that at least is a start. Her favorites right now are: "Uh, oh!", "Duck", "Up", and "More". She will say a few other words like ball, baby, dog, but not nearly as often as the rest. Her physical development isn't as concerning as she is off and running now.

Wednesday morning, Maddy and I got on a plane and flew home to be with my family. My grandfather passed away Sunday night so we went home for the funeral. It was great to be home surrounded by family, but wasn't great under the circumstances. Jason drove up after work on Wednesday, so he missed the visitation but was there for the service on Thursday. I accompanied my sister on the piano while she sang my grandpa's favorite hymn, so thank goodness Jason was there to entertain Maddy. I hadn't played the piano in front of people since high school so it was pretty nerve racking. Thursday was a perfect fall day... the sun was shining on the colorful trees, just a great day to celebrate and wonderful life. At the cemetery all the great grand children released a balloon in memory of my grandpa. It was so awesome...27 balloons.


Friday afternoon we drove to Fondy to help move my sister. She sold her house and is moving in with her in-laws until they build a house. We left the kids with my folks, but due to a combination of different reasons we ended up going to get them in Green Bay on Friday night. So Saturday, Aundrea and I watched the kids while the guys did all the moving.




We had a lot of fun, but Maddy and I ended up not feeling so well. We were still sick Sunday morning so we got on the road first thing. Maddy and I ended up sleeping the entire 6 hour trip...poor Jason. I've been under the weather all week, although Maddy seemed to kick it sooner. She was back to herself by Monday.


So thats the reason for the delay. Sorry.

0 comments: