This past weekend we attended the NFC Championship game (Packers vs. Giants) at Lambeau Field in what they are calling Ice Bowl II with our friends Brooke and Brad. FORTUNATELY... it wasn't as cold as the original Ice Bowl in 1967 in which the official game-time temperature was -13°F, with a wind chill around -36°F, instead it was -2°F, with a wind chill around -24°F. UNFORTUNATELY...the game didn't end with a Packer victory as it did 40 years ago. Well, at least we can say we attended the second coldest game in Lambeau history and actually the third coldest in NFL history.
Despite the final score, we had a great time...an experience I will never forget. It was my first time ever to Lambeau, as well as Jason's, although I've been a Packer Backer my whole life and he recently just jumped on the band wagon. Jason won an auction on Ebay by $1 for the tickets, so we really lucked out as it seemed almost impossible to get tickets. In fact, people were still trying to get tickets at game time. I'm so glad that we went, but I told Jason we are 0-1 at Lambeau now so we are just going to have to go again until we even up our record. I still can't believe that we lost the game...it's so depressing that I don't even care to watch the Superbowl this year. Who do I root for...the team that stomped all over my dreams or the one with Tom Brady, who has more superbowl rings then what he can fit on his fingers? UGH! Darn Packers why couldn't they have showed up for the game on Sunday.
Well, one good thing about the game was that we managed to stay warm. We were definitely prepared with about 10 layers on top and 4 on the bottom. We had toe and hand warmers, a face mask, ski goggles, scarves, boots, butt cushions, Norther football coats that they wear over their pads...you name we had it. It was pretty hard to move with all our gear on but it was so worth it to not be cold, especially since the game went into overtime. There were some people begging to have someone cut their toes off, others with icicles hanging from their mustaches, and a lot of people with frozen beers in their hands...it was crazy. Like I said, an experience I will never forget.
Maddy and Rylee watched indoors where they could stay warm. They stayed back with Brooke's family...thanks again Vikki and Vanessa for watching Maddy for us. It was really great seeing Brooke, Brad, and Rylee again as well as the rest of Brooke's family. Her uncle was so kind to open his house to all of us. Thanks Uncle Gary!
Since we were in Wisconsin we couldn't go without trying to see some family and friends. So Saturday when we got into town we met up with my parents for dinner. It was great seeing them although the short visit was almost just a teaser. Good thing they are coming to visit in two weeks. After dinner we went and spent the night at my friend Casey's house. We hadn't seen the VanCamps since this summer so we had to get together to let the girls play and so we all could catch up. We had a wonderful time with them.
Cory and Casey are ready for the game(Cory came to the game with us; Casey couldn't she was on call)
Jason, myself, and CoryIt was pretty obvious that the two of them could cause a lot of trouble together if we lived around them because the two of them just feed off of each other. It was actually funny. Thanks Case for having us over even though you were on call.
"What mom...I can't hear you...did you say sit down?"
"Here Ava, drink some of this."
Looking innocent for the camera before jumping on the bedSo, it was another eventful weekend for the Kreiders. I'm still pretty worn out. Glad we are home this weekend to relax.














0 comments:
Post a Comment