
We ended our trip to Wisconsin with an afternoon up north on the river. We met my brother between his football practices for a few hours of water skiing. It was a perfect afternoon...my favorite way to spend a summer day...in or behind a Ski Nautique. Jason and I both got our annual ski run in, which felt great. Although I must say being top heavy made for quite a disaster on my swivel ski. The most exciting part of the day, though, was watching MADDY SKI! Jaelyn went first, as she has been skiing for over a year and wanted to show Maddy how to do it. This got Maddy pretty excited to do it, although as soon as we got her in the skis and ready to go she started to chicken out. Jason was in the water with her and I was in the boat holding the rope. As we were getting ready to go she started whining that she wanted Jason to hold her hand...that's when I told my brother to just go. I didn't want to give her anymore time to wuss out. Here's the video of her first ski pass...
Maddy and Jaelyn were both loving it so they each went 3 times each, fighting each time about who got to go first. It was awesome and I was so proud of Maddy. We got a better video the second time from the boat...
It was adorable how Maddy was so proud of herself. You could tell she was still a little scared each time by the look on her face while she was skiing and as soon as I pulled her into the boat she was on an adreline high. So sweet! Good Job lil' girl...we are so proud of you and love you "to the moon and back"!
When we got back that night my dad was sitting on the coach with his new Favre t-shirt on watching Favre's announcement to return to football to play for the Vikings on ESPN. Maddy got and snuggled with grandpa and before long she was out cold. She was obviously exhausted from her first day of skiing.





2 comments:
Good job Maddy! You did awesome! Your Godmama can't even ski as good as you.
Love and miss you!
Wow! I can't believe she can ski! V. impressive.
Post a Comment