CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 13, 2009

National Waterski Tournament

Badwater Ski-ters Jump Team
(My brother John is on the far right)

Early last month we went to Rockford, Illinois for the Division I National Waterski Tournament. My brothers, Joe and John, we both competed in the Team Jump competition. John is a great show ski jumper and Joe used to jump as well but had a hip resurfaced back in May and is no longer allowed to participate, therefore he drives one of the boats instead. We met all of the family there and had a great weekend. The weather was terrible however. We spent the entire afternoon watching the competition in the pouring rain. My brother's team won the competition, though, so it was well worth it! Great job Badwater Ski-ters...we were so proud of them. I just love this weekend every year. I look forward to watching my brother ski and the Divsion I show teams put on such amazing shows.

The pinwheel: a heli, a front-flip, and a gainer (back-flip)
(John does the gainer)

Devil's Weave: A gainer over and under front-flips

My mom and dad staying dry under an umbrella

Badwater Ski-ter's cheering section

My sister Aundrea and niece Lexi sharing an umbrella with Mylee and I

Jason, Addisyn, and Nicole keeping their team shirts dry

Izzy, Maddy and John

The rest of the weekend we stayed at the hotel where there was an indoor water park as the weather was stormy and 90 degrees (too hot for the kids). The kids had a blast and were happy to not have to go back to the ski site! It was perfect for everyone, although I would have loved to see some of the show team competitions. I unfortunately forgot to take pictures of the kids as I was playing in the water with the kids most of the time. It was a great family weekend and I can't wait to do it again next year!

0 comments: