Easter weekend, Jason and I packed up the girls and headed up north on Thursday night. We decided to break the trip up into two days on the way up since it was our first trip with 2 kids and Mylee was still exclusively being nursed so we knew we would need to stop a lot to feed her. The trip went really well on Thursday night. We actually just stopped once for dinner for all of us. We got up to the bridge around 9 pm and the pool was still open so Jason and Maddy went swimming. Mylee and I went and watched them before it was time for us all to get up and ready for bed. It was pretty interesting staying in a hotel room with both kids. We were all a bit restless because we could hear every little noise Mylee made plus Jason and Maddy could hear when I was up feeding Mylee. It took us til midnight to get Mylee down in the first place so it was an interesting night but still worth it to break up the trip. Maddy didn't want to swim in the morning...she just wanted to go to papa's house so we got on the road after eating a wonderful continental breakfast and bathing. The big news about this part of the trip was that Mylee enjoyed her first bath...in the hotel sink. She loved it! Go figure!


The bad news was that when I woke up in the middle of the night to feed Mylee I could tell I was getting mastitis. By morning, I had a headache, body aches, and my boob was killing. Sorry for the detail, but it was. We had to stop at a gas station to get tylenol as I was pretty miserable. The four hour trip home went well with the girls but I wasn't feeling well. As soon as we got to my parents house I got a heating pad. I soaked in the bath that night and slept with a heating pad and by Saturday morning I was finally feeling better. Thank goodness.
0 comments:
Post a Comment