CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 05, 2009

Basement Update

Jason has been working extremely hard on the basement this fall and winter. We had carpet scheduled to be installed the second week of December so he spent all of his time since Thanksgiving trying to get everything done in time. Maddy and I helped out some to help get the painting done. At least I hope Jason thought we were a help.

Maddy digging into her paint bucket

Maddy painting her canvas

So after this particular afternoon of helping dad, Maddy and I tried to stay out of his way. I've got lots to share to show you how we occupied our time. Jason worked so hard the last week trying to finish up all that needed to be done before the carpet was installed. Maddy and I missed him a ton. He would come home from work, eat dinner, and then head to the basement until midnight almost every night. He actually burnt himself out and ended up with the flu the day after the carpet was installed. He did a great job and Maddy and I are very proud of him. We are looking forward to sharing the basement with him. He still has some work to do but at least we can be down there now with him. I wanted to share a few pictures of the basement after the carpet was installed.

The bar and bathroom area (view from the living room)

The living room (view from the playroom)

The playroom (view from the living room)

Good job sweetie! I am so proud of you and the work you've done on the basement. I can't wait to share it with you and our family!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Brad says it looks nice and he can appreciate all of Jason's hardwork. He's inspiring Brad as he's working on ours. We can't wait to check it out in person!

Jill said...

Jason- it looks great!! We know how much work is put into that, and it is a heck of a lot more work than what meets the eye! Our basement is almost done too, but wire hired Grandpa to do most of the work for us!

Great job!