CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 05, 2009

Maddy and Mommy Time

The first weekend of December, Maddy and I spent our time getting ready for the holidays while trying to stay out of Daddy's way. On Saturday I took Maddy to "Bounce with Santa" at her gymnastics gym. She was sick early in the month and missed gymnastics class so we had a free pass to one of the open gyms. I thought this was a perfect time to go...get out of dad's way and start getting Maddy in the holiday spirit by seeing Santa. We had a great time, although Maddy wasn't to sure about Santa. There was a bunch of holiday-themed activities and arts and crafts. We tried sitting with Santa, but that didn't go over so good. I had to sit with her next to Santa and she would only sit on my lap, not his. She did talk to him though and told him she wanted a robe (bath) and a baby doll with a bottle.

"I'm a reindeer"

A reindeer in training on the tumble-track

Maddy and Santa having a staring contest
(This is the closest she would get to Santa without clinging to me)

On the way home, we stopped by the store to pick up some cookie dough for sugar cookies. So Sunday after church we spent our time making Christmas cookies. Maddy was a big help. She would roll the dough and cut out the cookies. Then after I frosted them she decorated them all by herself. It was a ton of fun and a great way to spend some time with her. I just love this age and the holidays. It is such a joy to watch her be so excited about the holidays.

"I love making cookies"

Making a ball

then rolling it out

0 comments: