
John V, Izzy, Maddy, Jaelyn, and Addisyn
Our first day up north we spent most of the day outside enjoying the winter weather. We were a bit worried there wasn't going to be enough snow again this year, but we were fortunately blessed with lots of that white fluffy stuff right before Christmas. The sled luge wasn't built yet (that was the plan for Saturday) so we decided to go snowmobiling and pull the kids around on sleds behind us. The lake was full of soft snow so it was the perfect playground for us. We had a great time with the kids. Saturday, my sister and I drove the snowmobiles around with the kids on sleds again for most of the day while the guys spent about 12 hours building the luge. The weather was pretty mild with a soft mist so it was perfect weather for making a luge, although it made the snow on the lake kinda crusty. Not the kind of snow you want to face plant in when your auntie whips you off your sled behind the snowmobile. (I had a few bets with Jordyn and Brooke so I had to get them to fall.) We played outside for a few hours though in the mist until the kids where soaking wet. Oh how I love the snow up north! I did manage to get one of the snowmobiles stuck on the road while turning around. I had Jordyn, John V, and Jack with me so they weren't much help. I tried to get Jordyn to help, but she told me she hurt her back last week so there I was 6 months pregnant digging and pulling the snowmobile out of a snow bank with 3 kids standing and watching. We were tempted a few times to start walking home but I wasn't up for that. After about 10 minutes, I managed to get it out of the ditch and we were back in busniess. Can't let this pregnancy stop me from having fun with the kids!

Addisyn and I driving the "mo-mo"

Jaelyn and Lexi in the sled

Lexi would rather drive with her mom

Jaelyn happy to be in the sled; Addisyn not so happy

Addisyn much happier to be driving with her daddy

Izzy and John made a good team

Kredier family photo opt

Coon family photo opt (Ana was in the house with grandma)

Jaelyn's having fun just playing in the snow

John V coming over the snow bank

Maddy rolling down the hill

Playing in the snow with cousins is fun!
0 comments:
Post a Comment